Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Keep on bumping

Being excited isn't that bad but being too excited is. Moving to null sec and the prospect of battle made me the latter one. I just finished my last hauling trip moving all my assets to my new home when a final call for a roam in chat corp chat drew my attention. I signed up, ready to plunge into pvp headfirst. Immediatly after, I realised I had no fitted ships ready and starting throwing modules in a rifter as fast as I could. As my first time out with my new corp, making a good impression was essentia so the last thing I wanted was to keep them waiting. Everything looked okay, the frig had some dps and decent hp so I undocked  as as the others were already waiting for me in a nearby Pos. Not even nearly unodcked I noticed my empty inventory... No roam can start without being able to reload so I redocked again cursing in silence. A few seconds later I was on my way to the fleet. The fc already inquired what took me so long, so I was really pressured to join the group asap. Finally the pos came in my sight and dreams of future adventures in null began to form. I was excited when we jumped to the first gate. Then I noticed another fatal error in my fitting. In my haste I managed to forget to fit points and/or webs while being in a tackle frigate. The feeling that came over me was indescribable, how could I be so stupid. (Insert face palm here.) I decided to keep quiet and tag along. Besides our fleet consisted of 2 other tacklers and 4 cruisers meaning plenty of webs and scrams. So we roamed around for a while and scouted ourselves some juicy targets sitting about 20 km of gate. Our scout went in first while we warped to him at the moment he landed on top of them. Of course one of the first orders i got was to point and web the targets while they started to face us. The group consisted of 6 battlecruisers and with no other options I started to bump the primary targets. A few of the battlecruisers were transformed to dust and the enemy started to burn towards the gate. I bumped as many as I could and the emergency solution was working pretty good. I even became the enemy's primary for a sec, what finished me off pretty quickly but was also their final mistake as our cruisers had more time to move in and do damage. The fight ended with 6 battlecruiser kills vs 2 frigs and one cruiser lost which is a nice result in my book. Pretty satisfied I returned home. And still a bit embarrassed about my derp fit I immediately started getting a few pvp ships fitted the correct way and ready to go so this could never happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment