Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Code blue

Ever since I started doing some pvp and roaming in low sec, I acquired a new kind of hobby: collecting frozen corpses. It's been only recently that I noticed them floating around mostly because of my overview setup and I was intrigued to say the least. With no real purpose or value they still have something about them. Every corpse can tell a story of their own and can be quite interesting when you search the character on the killboards. And just the fact that you can keep and collect players dead bodies appeals to me in some weird sense. As my station container was getting filled with frozen corpses, I started to wonder if there isn't anything you could do with them. When I started looking around the internet for some kind of use for these meat popsicles I came across different articles about frozen corpses and it became clear that I wasn't the only one interested in those stiffs floating around. First I came across the Evelopedia page called Body mining. It was mostly a storyline and background explanation about the industry of biomass, but still interesting to find out about. Also the chronicle "Lost stars" about the shocking truth of quafe+ was quite entertaining.

The second link I found on the subject was the capsuleer cemetery on one of my favorite sites Eve travel.  For you who don't know this one, it's about (as the title already explains) traveling around New Eden, best to be described as a guided tour doing all kinds of sightseeing and giving a lot of background info. Combine all of this with some nice pictures and you've got an amazing site! Props to Mark726!  Now back on topic, The capsuleer cemetery, painstakingly maintained by Azia Burgi, is a POS dedicated to the fallen clones, each with their own casket and custom epitaph. Today it sports ECM and gun batteries to protect the graves after a couple desecrations of different groups. It's located at Molea II, Moon 1 in the Khanid region.
Go and pay your respects! I surely will!

The third thing I came across was the story about Eve's own corpse bride. An engaged couple with a rather peculiar wedding proposition. I won't elaborate to much on this as it would spoil the story a bit.

But still I had no real purpose for my little army of dead flesh. There was nothing to be found besides some old posts about ideas of being able to biomass the corpses but that never saw the light of day.
I guess I'll be filling my freezers with dead flesh till that day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment